Stop Animal Damage
Green THUMB Gardening Sponsored by The Murrysville Garden Club
By Janet Russell
- Earlier this summer I had a lot of problems with deer, as I have had in previous years. They ate everything I grew in the yard, the hostas, tomatoes, black-eyed susans, daisies, lilies, impatiens, mums and anything else that came up. It was so devastating to never see the lilies bloom and to lose the mums in bud never bloom.
This year, I came across a new animal repellent called "Liquid Fence" at our local nursery. They recommended it highly, so I bought a spray bottle of it. It was $10.
I sprayed everything in the yard except the tomatoes. I was surprised to find the deer didn't eat the things I sprayed. However, they found the tomatoes and enjoyed eating those.They also ate a geranium that I had forgotten to spray, and for the first time ever they ate my big daisies. They had never bothered them before.
So, then I sprayed everything except the tomatoes. By then I had used up all the contents of the spray bottle, as I went back to the nursery and bought a gallon of the Liquid Fence concentrate, which is fairly inexpensive because it makes a lot.
I must tell you that it worked. This is a wonderful product and is fairly rain-resistant.
This product was created by an 81 year old man in the Pocono Mountains named Clark Kaskie. He was constantly bothered by deer and rabbits eating his flowers and shrubs. He says he spent a fortune on chemical deterrents that didn't work and finally erected a four-foot fence but thought it was ugly.
Mr. Kaskie, a retired chemical engineer, began experimenting with his own concoctions and after three months work found just what he was looking for. A very effective deer and rabbit repellent that was environmentally safe, biodegradable, and inexpensive.
He gave the product to people in his area for two years, and those people were so pleased with it that they urged him to make it available to more people. Today, it is used successfully in many states in both residential and commercial areas.
This product has a money-back guarantee and is not harmful to animals